Jan Sarokar was established in the year 2000 by a group of young and energetic people who were Rural development professional and highly motivated and committed for contributing their skills, time and energies for the development and empowerment of socially disadvantaged and vulnerable communities in India due to their concern for issues of rights and control over resources of marginalized communities, need for lending a voice of voiceless in order a holistic development with a positive thinking and progressive outlook for a collective effort to negotiate from a position of strength.
Jan Sarokar is a development organization registered under Indian Trust Act 1882 for public charitable purpose. It’s a Civil Society organization working for social and economic development of vulnerable and less developed people. Jan Sarokar could also be levelled as an implementing organization which designs and implements various developmental projects with the financial and technical support of International Donor agencies, Corporate, Central and State Government and Individual Donors.
To initiate and strive for new standards of par excellence to promote a meaningful, sustainable balance between human and fundamental resources of current and future generations in all walks of life for common masses through community intervention, gender equity & capacity building.
Jan Sarokar visualizes creation of a just, equitable and prosperous society based on human values, dignity & self-respect.
- Overall development of Tribal, Marginalized & Weaker Section of the society with special emphasis on women and children.
- Promotion of Gender Equity & Women Empowerment and address Gender based Violence Issues.
- Promotion of Child Protection, Rights of Children & Youth engagement and address the issues related to abuse, trafficking, child labour etc.
- Develop and Conserve Natural resources for livelihood improvement.
- Undertake Research, Training, Consultancy & Advocacy on issues of common concern.